We are very excited to announce the launch of the Berkeley M.E.T. Pre-College Summer Program, the Berkeley M.E.T. Innovation Academy (M.E.T.ia).
The Berkeley M.E.T. Innovation Academy (M.E.T.ia) is a hands-on residential summer program for rising high school sophomores and juniors interested in being at the forefront of tech and entrepreneurship. Study at the number #1 public university in the world and learn from top ranked faculty at the Haas School of Business and College of Engineering. M.E.T. Summer program students will get real-world experience solving business and tech challenges and interface with world-renowned corporations and organizations. Interact with successful entrepreneurs from the heart of Silicon Valley and Berkeley M.E.T. student entrepreneurs.
What to Expect
- Take field trips to leading tech companies in Silicon Valley, such as Ambi Robotics in Berkeley, Dolby Headquarters in San Francisco, and more.
- Expand your engineering skills and establish a solid business foundation by participating in a capstone project with your peers
- Take advantage of our stellar career development guidance and resources – at the end of the week you will have created a standout resume and LinkedIn profile
- Interact with current M.E.T. students and alumni making waves in the tech and entrepreneurship space.
- Engage in unique Bay Area outings to professional sporting events and cultural hotspots while building a lifelong community with your peers
Who Can Apply
Rising juniors and seniors with a strong aptitude for mathematics and science.
Characteristics of a Successful Applicant
Rising junior and senior high school students should have a strong/demonstrated interest in the intersection of technology and business – to become the kind of entrepreneurial leader the world needs. They also need to exhibit their creativity, leadership ability, strong character, ambition, perseverance in the face of challenges, individuality, intellectual independence, and a demonstrated concern for others and for their community.