Berkeley M.E.T. is kicking off a new program to help bring together faculty and M.E.T. students for informal conversations to foster learning, inspiration and wonder, and to open the door for communication between faculty and students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to meet.
Current M.E.T. students are welcome to invite a faculty member from Berkeley Engineering or Berkeley Haas to lunch at the Berkeley Faculty Club courtesy of Berkeley M.E.T.; up to two additional current M.E.T. students may also join. A maximum of 10 lunches per semester will take place during the academic year.
To request to take a professor to lunch, follow these steps:
- Invite your professor (either from the College of Engineering or Haas School of Business) to lunch and confirm that they will join you for lunch on a specific date and time (Monday – Friday only between 11am – 2pm, and not on holidays or during semester breaks). If you are inviting fellow M.E.T. students (up to two) to also attend, confirm they are available at the same time.
- Complete this interest form a minimum of 7 days before your requested lunch date. Note, completing the form does not automatically confirm your request.
- If approved, typically within 5 business days, all members in your reservation will be emailed a confirmation with information on where and when to meet and next steps.
- Enjoy your lunch and conversation!
- There is a $30 per person maximum including tip and any applicable taxes or service charges. (Please note, alcoholic beverages cannot be included on the check.)
- Obtain an itemized receipt when you are finished.
- Email a clear, high-quality picture of your itemized receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org within one business day of the lunch.